98-05 Honda Superhawk VTR1000 Frame Sliders Installation
1. Start on the right side (throttle side) by removing the screw from the rear area of the fairing. This
screw is directly above the clutch housing. Removing the screw will allow the fairing to flex outward
enough to access the frame slider mounting point.
2. Remove the engine mount screw that the red arrow is pointing to in the photo above.
3. The right side slider and bracket assembly should be marked upon receipt- if is not, use the slider
and bracket assembly that has the shortest of the two screws (100mm long) and the longest aluminum
4. Remove the slider from the bracket.
5. Add a small amount of grease or oil to the threads of the 100mm mounting screw (bracket-to
engine mount screw only, do not apply to slider-to-bracket screw)
6. Place the aluminum spacer in the frame where the factory engine mount screw was removed, then,
using the 100mm mounting screw, install the bracket over the spacer with the recess in the bracket
pointing away from the bike.
7. Position the assembly. It may be helpful to temporarily add the slider to the bracket to check the
positioning of the assembly.
8. After the correct position is achieved, tighten the bracket-to-engine mounting screw. If using a
torque wrench, tighten to 30 ft/lbs.
9. We recommend using medium strength thread locker on the threads of the screw that holds the
slider to the bracket. Vibration can cause the slider to loosen over time and possibly fall off the bike
so the thread locker can prevent slider loss.
10. Remember to final tighten the slider screw- if using a torque wrench tighten to 25 ft/lbs.
11. The steps to install the left side assembly are the same except you'll be using the assembly with
the long screw and the short spacer.
Replacement sliders are available per side on the products page for the Superhawk VTR1000
Please contact us with installation questions.