2009-2011 CBR600RR Frame Sliders Installation
These instructions explain the installation of OES frame sliders on the 2009-2011 Honda CBR600RR. The instructions
are based on the use of our special alignment tool to be used to mark the fairings in preparation for cutting the frame
slider hole. The tool is not automatically included with the frame sliders set, since different methods are used to cut the
fairings by different installers.
1. Start on either side of the bike (work on one side at a time) by removing the side fairing.
2. Locate the forward engine mount (pictured with bolt removed). The mount is directly forward of the stator cover on the left side,
and directly forward of the clutch/timing cover on the right side.
3. Remove the factory engine mount bolt (17mm socket and ratchet)
4. Install the alignment tool in place of the engine mount bolt. Thread it in most of the way.
5. Install the fairing. Make sure the fairing is installed fully- installing the fairing improperly will result in a misaligned hole
in the fairing.
6. Adjust the tool outward until it makes contact with the inside of the fairing.
7. Push inward on the fairing, directly over the point of the tool. This will make a mark on the inside of the fairing,
indicating where the fairing needs to be cut.
8. Remove the fairing
9. At the mark, drill a 1/8" or smaller pilot hole through the fairing, drilling from the inside out.
10. Use a hole saw that has a pilot drill in the center. The saw should be slightly larger (no more than 1/8") than the
frame slider diameter.
11. Remove the alignment tool.
12. Install the frame slider (left side is 1/2" longer) using a 10mm hex (Allen) socket and ratchet. If using a torque
wrench, tighten to 35 lb/ft.
13. Re-install the side fairing.
Repeat the steps on the opposite side.
* If you have a crash and damage one side, you can purchase just the side you need by contacting us or by purchasing
directly from our website.
We will be more than happy to provide customer support if needed.