Triumph Speed Triple Frame Sliders Installation
Tools You Will Need:
Ratchet ( 3/8 or 1/2 drive)
T55 Torx Driver (for removing the factory motor mount bolts)
10mm Hex (Allen) driver
17mm wrench (for holding the nuts on the back side of the right rear, right front, and left front motor mounts)
Rear Mounted Slider Set (Standard Style Offered)
1. Start on the left side of the bike (do not loosen both sides at once) by removing the factory engine
mount screw (T55 Torx head screw) and aluminum spacer circled in the illustration(A).
2. The shortest slider and screw (with 2 washers) go on the left side. Lightly lubricate the threads of the
supplied screw. Install the frame slider using the supplied screw. Caution!! Do not get the mounting
screws for the left and right sliders switched. If the longer screw is mistakenly used on the left
side, damage to engine components will result. The screw must have two (2) washers on it for
correct engagement. The right screw uses only one washer.
The factory aluminum spacer is not used.
3. If using a torque wrench, tighten the screw to 30 lb/ft.
4. Make sure the left side is tight before starting on the right side.
5. For the right side, remove the engine mount bolt (nut on back side of bolt) circled in the illustration
(B). Lightly lubricate (any type of automotive grease or oil will work) the threads of the supplied bolt. Install
the longest frame slider in this position. Tighten to 30 lb/ft
6. Problems with the installation should be addressed by giving us a call. A simple call may help avoid
Front Mounted Slider Set (optional, do not attempt to mount rear mounting sliders in the front position)
The front mounted sliders use the same procedure and torque specs as the rear set. The front left mounting
point is circled in illustration C (shorter slider), and front right is illustration D.
The short slider mounts to the left side, the long slider to the right.
Please call (931) 858-6654 with questions or visit our website for replacement sliders (sold per side needed)